Saturday, November 04, 2006

Date night with Momma Musky

Date night with Momma Musky tonight.... How does that play into Muskies and Metal? Well after the obligatory dinner we are off the see Rik Emmett (ex Lead Singer/Guitarist of Triumph). My brother turned me onto Triumph in the early 80's and I have been a huge Emmett fan ever since.

The show tonight is a two man deal. He will be playing with Dave Dunlop, no band. Just two guitar arrangements of some of my favorite songs, hopefully including Fight the Good Light, Lay It on the Line, Magic Power from the Triumph days. We went and saw him play last year and it was amazing. This guy can play. He is in his 50's now, but the energy he brings to a show is incredible. It is obvious that he loves playing his guitar.

As the show is a fund raiser for the Crystal Lake food pantry they are auctioning off a few things including an autographed Dean Flying V guitar. Money's tight, but the boss has given the go ahead to take a crack at it. We will see, but I'm guessing somebody else will be willing to pay way more that I will.

Should be a great night.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

I'm willing to kick in a few $ for the Flying V...We should start a "Muskie Flying V Guitar Fund"

Khyle, are you in?

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Too Late, some broad got the guitar...bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home