Sunday, February 03, 2008

Getting Ready for the Gig....

The band is trying to get ready for the gig. The rest of the band has normal jobs with not a lot of overtime, and then there is me working about 70+ hours per week. Trying my best to get quality practice in but it isn't easy. At band rehearsal last week it took me three attempts to get through In the City and Day Tripper. Now anybody who plays guitar knows that these are two very easy tunes to play. It was pretty ugly. After the second try, I asked our signer (we practice at his house) if he had any beer. He didn't but offered a bottle of Bacardi 151. So I took a three shot sized swig out of the bottle, drank some Pepsi, grabbed a dip from the bass player and took a five minute break. Finally I was able to make it through. Most of the other songs went well except Wanted Dead or Alive. I really love playing this song, but it doesn't really fit the band well. We have a lot of work to do if we are going to pull that one off live.

On another note, I was at our original rhythm guitar players house picking up an amp and he offered to sell me his Harley. I never really had an interested but now that Mom Musky has one I have to admit I'm thinking about it. I can probably get a good deal. Hmmm, I guess when you think about it, I play in a band I probably should have one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home