Saturday, March 17, 2007

urrr, yeah I like that band

Playing poker with Khyle and others, the host had a varied selection of music which included things like Fine Young Cannibals, Pink, Stones etc. The Violent Femmes came on ...blister in the sun I think it was. I casually mentioned that I hate the Femmes, you would have thought I bashed the Beatles, or the Stones or Beethoven. I couldn't believe it. I mean really is there any less talented band then the Femmes? Maybe the New York Dolls, they might be worse. Sex Pistols, they suck pretty bad too. I guess you could say I'm not much of a punk rocker...New Punk rock, well that is a different story, although new punk is really just Rock 'n' Roll.

Anyways, I was surfing the net the other day and came across the Honeymoon Suite website. Well after all the Femmes bashing, I have to admint....I'm a Honeymoon Suite fan. Yes I'm embarrased..................

4 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

I like the New York Dolls and The Sex Pistols......

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

A lot of people do. I just don't get it. To each his own I suppose. Believe me, I listen to enough stuff that others would consider crap.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, what the hell does talent have to do with good music? No one is saying that they are virtuosos, but the music is catchy, a little different and cool.

The Sex Pistols were horrible musicians except for the one guy, Steve whatever. But that didn't stop the music from being great.

BTW- if you want a horrible band I nominate Romeo Void.

http://www.romeovoid.net/sub1.html

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

I find the Femmes to be highly annoying. Must be the singers voice which to me is like nails on a chalkboard.

As for the Sex Pistols, after "Anarchy in the U.K." I have no use for them. I realize that a lot of people think "never mind the bollocks" is one of the greatest albums ever made, but as I said I just don't get it. Then again, I'm not a Shania Twain fan, Bob Dylan fan, Nirvana, Michael Jackson...the list goes on, but all have albums that are considered to be one of the greatest of all time.

Romeo Void, remember the name but can't remember any tunes. I will have to research.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home