Saturday, November 11, 2006

Death to the MuskyMobile, long live the MuskyMobile

Well the MuskyMobile bit it last week. After 150,000 miles the electrical system shit the bed and called for some very pricey repairs. Of course anytime a vehicle requires some repairs MommaMusky looks to buy a new vehicle.

So I'm on a conference call Thursday, trying to get my companies quarterly filing done with the SEC when my cell phone starts ringing. I see its MM. I didn't answer because of the conference call, but she was persistent and continued calling. So I stop the conference call figuring it's an emergency, but no, MM has a sales guy at the local dealership on the phone and she is negotiating a new deal. I tried for about 5 minutes to pay attention but I had to much going on at the office.

Friday, I took the day off and pretty much slept all morning and afternoon, MM wakes me up at 4:00 and off to the dealership we go. We came home with a new (used) 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. So the family has a new MuskyMobile.

Heading out to the lake tomorrow for what might be the last fishing trip of the year. Water temps on in the low 40's, weather is supposed to be low of 32 degrees and a high of 40. Gonna be a bit cold.

6 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

I like the Trailblazer. It floats just a little over rough road at high speeds. Very nice to drive, lots of room and should run forever if you take care of it.

So, 2 or 4 wheel drive, color, sunroof...car geeks like me want to know.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem more like a mini-van guy.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

Mini-van....MINI VAN......

ouch, that hurt...

Cars I've owned:
1953 Cad
11962 Impala SS convertable
1960 Austin Healey BN7
1964 Cad Convert
1963 Thunderbird convert.
1971 Corvette convert.
1978 Chev stepside lowrider pick up.
1967 Couger
and others that don't count.


you just said mini-van to get me fired up?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Black, with grey interior. No sunroof, but 4WD. Has to be 4WD as sometimes it becomes difficult to pull the boat out at the landing when it's late in the year.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

Khyle is listing to Xanadu, do we need to do an intervention here.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

No, let him think he is manly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home