Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter is here

With 12 inches of snow on the ground and the boat being winterized it's time to focus on Guitar playing for the next few months. In my last lesson, Jason and I got into a conversation regarding what I though I needed to take my playing to the next level (whatever that may be). Most of my lessons don't actually include much playing, more theoretical discussion etc.

After a quick discussion on a few technical issues (alternate picking etc.) we started talking about playing out live etc. It's fairly obvious that I really need to start playing with others either just jamming or in a band setting. So how does a 39 year old guy go about finding others to play with? Other musicians (and I use the word lightly) who are at the same level? Obviously I have no interest in jamming with some 14 year old, unless it is my kid. But he has a broken wrist and is sidelined.

So now my dilemma is how do I find someone to jam with.........I've got guys at the guitar shop looking for comparable players to hook me up with. I hope they can find somebody.

3 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear Flock of Seagulls needs a guitarist. You'd be the best musician in the band.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

Unfortunately after getting in contact with their management we came to the conclusion that I don't quite have the hairline.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear that Falco is looking for a new band.

What about Barry Manilow? He does have a new Vegas show. You could really rock out in your blue sequin jump suit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home