Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jump Back What's That Sound?

Here she comes full blast and top down......

The Van Halen 2007 tour has been announced. Unfortunately Wolfie will be playing bass instead of Mike and Eddie looks like one of the cavemen from the Geico commercials. But hopefully tickets won't be to expensive (I know fat chance). I haven't seen the tour schedule but hope that they will be hitting our area early in the tour. I figure towards the end of the tour Eddie and DLR will be hating each other and Eddie's drinking will take over again. I realize that they will be nowhere near where they were in the 80's and probably will be closer to Spinal Tap than the Mighty Van Halen, but what the hell.

When they call and want to know what the set list should be here is what I will tell them.

Unchained
Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love
Jump
Runnin with the Devil
You Really Got Me
Eruption
Dance the Night Away
And the Cradle will Rock
Hot for Teacher
Me Wise Magic
Beautiful Girls
Panama

Since I just learned Panama, I am sure that VH will want to call me up on stage to jam with the band.

Panama is by far my favorite VH tune. I actually spent about 3 hours today trying to nail down the solo. It certainly isn't the hardest VH solo, but I can't seem to get my fingers to go fast enough plus I don't usually play with whammy, so I have to cheat a little bit. I am pretty sure my family now hates the tune since they had to listen to it all afternoon.

Van Halen tunes that I have played at one time or another (not that I remember all of them anymore):

Panama
Runnin with the Devil
You Really Got Me
Beautiful Girls
Ain't Talking Bout Love
Pretty Woman
Best of Both Worlds (Hagar)

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Panama is an all time great tune.

Unfortunately it is forever ruined now that I work for a company that is based in Omaha.

So now I can only hear the song with Omaha. Doesn't have the same vide.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love

The one and only...

I was very lucky...I got to see the real VH 5 times.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

And the whole thing is off...again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home