Monday, February 04, 2008

Triumph Returns




Well I never thought I would see it happen. Van Halen with Roth reunion now Triumph with the original line up of Emmett, Moore and Levine and reuniting for 1 show (at this point) in Sweden. I would love to go, but not gonna travel that far. Hoping they will continue and play somewhere in the states. Rumor has it that they will play Rocklahoma and possibly Rock Fest in Cadott Wisconsin. If they play Rock Fest I will be there.






Also, rumours are that they will do a North American tour in 2009. I know Rik Emmett still has the chops as he has a continuing Solo career and has in the recent past won various guitar player awards in Canada. His new CD with a band called Airtime is fantastic. I've also seen him play live the last few years and will be going again on the 16th. He can't hit all the high notes when singing, but still handles a lot of the old Triumph material well. It doesn't appear that Gil or Mike have been playing much so who knows how it will turn out.






The band starts rehearsal next month and if they stick to their hits they should be able to pull it off.












2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

I missed the VH tour. They came to Portland and I could not go see them. However, I did see them 5 times back in the hey day of butt rock.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Muskyboy said...

I hear VH is having some Eddie related problems. Not sure the entire scoop but it sounds like Dave and Eddie are having some issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home