Saturday, August 02, 2008

Fishing

Well the season was going great until work go in the way AGAIN. Started the season up on Twin Valley Lake where me and my buddy put 8 in the boat over a day and 1/2. My biggest being a 41" and my buddies being a 43". What was great is we were catching Musky everywhere....and nobody else was. We were fishing ultra shallow, most just pounding the bank in a couple of feet of water.

Then went up to Hayward Wisconsin for a week with my boys and dad. First day me and the boys caught 6. The older boy got his first and second Musky. A 43 incher and a 40 incher. My younger boy got his first a 35 incher. I got a 40", 36.5, 36", 34" and a scrappy 25". We also caught a ton of crappy and northern. A typical day would be me hitting the water about 5 am, I would come back to the resort around 9 or 10 and see if anybody was up. Grab whoever wanted to go fishing. Fish until lunch then run into town for some go karting and just screwing around. Back on the water until dinner and then after dinner until dark. We had a great time. Obviously the best part was netting each of my boys first Musky. Not sure who was more nervous me or them.

The old man didn't catch any Musky which is typical, but he doesn't really fish that much. Gonna give him another shot on Monday on the Fox Chain.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

Sounds like fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home