Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ooops I did it again how does this keep happening

So I was at the music store (The Music Gallery in Highland Park IL - I highly recommend it) swapping out the pickups in my LP Classic for some Burstbuckers. While one of the guys was writing it up I noticed a Silverburst LP Custom. So I pulled it off the wall and plugged into a Mesa Boogie. Oh my god, what a great guitar. Both my LPs are chambered so they are relatively light, but this baby was the full deal, weighing in at just over 10 pounds. What tone, what sustain, what a price tag, what a dilemma (that spelling doesn't look quite right but I'm going with it anyway). So I played and I played and I played, and I pondered the question..."is it better to ask permission or ask forgiveness?" The little guy on my right shoulder said, "don't do it, the kids need a college fund, wife's birthday is coming up, the couch needs to be replaced" The little guy on my left shoulder with the pointy tail said, "dude you bust your ass working, you provide for the family, you can't golf with just one club big guy, you DESERVE a new guitar." Well I agreed with the little guy on the left and walked out with a brand spanking new LP Custom.........
Pics to follow when I put it down and do something other than play it.........

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

all ways go for it....you can beg and beg later....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home