Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fishing Tournament

The last fishing tournament on the Fox Chain was yesterday. Small turnout with only 60 teams. I had fished the lakes the week before and my Drummer had caught a 39 inch musky. So going into the tournament our plan was to hit that spot pretty heavily as we had success in that area in several previous tourneys. We were the 9th boat out and we hit the spot and some ass hole had a duck blind parked right in the middle of it. That was an indicator of the way the rest of the day was going to go. We moved onto another spot where I had a small Musky hit at the side of the boat and I lost it. It wouldn't have been big enough to score points but at least we were having some action. Hit our third spot and raised two other Musky but neither would hit. During that time we learned that two teams had caught fish. Team 8 which is two buddies of mine, JT and DVD scored on their fifth cast with a nice 40 incher and a few minutes later with a 33 incher. Another team of friends TB and VB scored with a 37 incher. Now generally speaking it pisses me off when other teams catch fish, but both these teams are good friends so it wasn't so bad. The team of TB and VB are husband and wife and the joke is that if VB were to fish with any other partner she would win everytime. TB must be kept around as net man since that is all he ever does.

So after seeing a few fish things died, we didn't see anything for about 5 hours. Then it happened. Great lead in eh? You're thinking big musky, epic battle, score a win for the Double D team.....but no......I reached down to pick up a lure off the floor of the boat and wham a shooting pain from the small of my back up through my shoulder blades. The last time I had a pain in my body that was like that was when I was laying on the floor when my older son was about 5 years old and he jumped off the couch and landed with both feet right into my crotch. As a side note Momma Musky has since put the old "twig and berries" into her purse for safe keeping since as she put it, "I'm not capable of taking care of them." Now that I think about it I hope she is keeping good care of them as I haven't seen them in a while.

Anyway, so I'm down on the boat floor trying to get up which I finally did with some effort. I tried to fish, as we still had about 2.5 hours of tourney time left, but couldn't make it so we pulled the plug and called it a day. After suffering for about an hour to get the boat taken care of and walk to the tourney head quarters (the walk normally would take about 5 minutes. It took me about 20 minutes) I passed off my treasurer responsibilities and headed home where I took some muscle relaxers and pain killers and effectively passed out.

Woke up this morning able to move around but everytime I twist the wrong way I get a share pain throughout my back. Man it sucks getting old.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Woodchuck said...

getting old sucks....really sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home